Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Communications and Collaboration Experiences

Yesterday was a wonderfully insightful day of communications and collaboration experiences. It was not the kind you normally think of in education - working with teachers, librarians and tech folks to help bring about the best possible learning experiences for students - but rather a day of getting to know folks in the district administration in a whole different way. Getting to know them, value them - the real them - while at the same time collaborating to come up with workable solutions to issues.

As a result, I have decided that I need to get to know one person a day in a deeper way than I already know them. It was a blessing to get to know these folks in a deeper, personal way. It made my day and I couldn't help but reflect on it yesterday and today - hence this posting. It was a light bulb moment for me.

Thank you to those great district folks in 27J for increasing my reflection, thinking and for trusting me and sharing with me the real you. I am not the best listener, I've been told, but yesterday I did listen and hear and learned - you enriched my life and I appreciate it.

Learning things is a wonderful, never ending opportunity. What have you learned today that has clearly impacted you? Thanks for listening. . . :)

No comments: